Hull boss Steve Bruce’s major decision is up front, where new signing Adama Diomande could replace Chuba Akpom.
Abel Hernandez will keep his place and Mohamed Diame and Tom Huddlestone are also in with a chance of starting.
Burnley manager Sean Dyche is expected to retain Matt Lowton and Dean Marney in his starting XI after the win over Charlton.
Marney, recently back from a long-term knee injury, may be among the players rotated over the Christmas period.
- Hull have netted just one goal in their past five against the Clarets.
- Burnley have won nine of their past 10 league matches against Hull City, losing the other.
- The Tigers have had more attempts on goal than any other Championship side (255, excluding blocked).
- Burnley’s 4-0 win over Charlton was their biggest league victory since beating Portsmouth 5-1 in March 2012.
- No player has won more points with his goals this season in the Championship than Andre Gray (11).